Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sticky Situations

This is just my humble opinion about adhesives.  I have sampled nearly every adhesive I have ever come across.  I will break it down simply, here is my top ten list:


1) Xyron Create-a-Sticker-  If I could only choose I brand of adhesive this is the most versatile for all of my paper crafting projects.  The 150 is great for letters cut from the Cricut and Quickutz.  The 500 is perfect for borders, die cuts and photos.  The 900 is great when you have several items to adhere and want to place all the adhesive at once.  Xyron is also the perfect adhesive if you are doing mini books that do not have page protectors.


2) Tombo Tape Runner- Runs smooth, adheres well, easy to refill and great for photos and mats.  This is the adhesive I use most.


3) Scotch Advanced Tape Glider-  This is new for me, but I am loving it, it will soon replace my Tombo Tape Runner as my go to adhesive.  It is huge and holds a lot of adhesive so I have to refill it less.


4) Tombo Agua Liquid Glue-  Use it all the time, could not live without it.  I use it for detailed diecuts, bling, ribbon, chipboard, and so much more.  This is my favorite liquid glue.


5) Zots- Every shape and size.  I need, need, need my Zots, they are great for heavier objects, metal, chipboard and the the 3-D ones are great for popping things off the page.


6) Zig 2 Way Glue-  This is another liquid glue.  It dries super fast (for liquid glue) it dries clear and it comes in a variety of shapes and sizes.  This is a great glue to always have on hand.


7) Scotch Dot Roller-  This is a new find for me.  Jo-Ann's was out of Tombo one day so I was forced to try it, and I love it.  It rolls smooth, it is easy to refill and less expensive than the Tombo.  The only reason it is #7 is because I just need more time to play with it.


8) Scotch Vellum Adhesive- This is an absolute must have, if you don't have it, stop reading this blog and go buy it.  This is the perfect adhesive for vellum and all things transparent.  When applied correctly, you don't even notice it's there.  Not an adhesive you will use everyday, but when you need it it is the only one that will do.


9) Sailor Rolling Ball 2 in 1 Glue Pen- A necessity for fine lines great for glitter and embossing powders.


10) Art Accentz Totally Tacky Tape-  When nothing else will hold that big, bulky, heavy item, this will.  Made by Provo Craft it is one of the things that should always be in your craft room.


Finally, I know this all about adhesives, but you can not discuss adhesive without mentioning Un-Du this is an adhesive remover that will remove any self sticking adhesive from paper.  It will temporarily make the adhesive not sticky, it dries clears has never stained any paper I have ever used on and when it dries the sticker is still sticky, you can reuse it.  Awesome product for paper crafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment